Is taco Tuesdays a thing at your house? Tacos make the perfect family meal. They’re quick to prepare, and family members can customize the final product to fit their personal tastes and preferences. But Taco night doesn’t have to be boring. You can stick to the theme and shake things up a bit at the same time with these tasty frozen shrimp taco recipes.
Tender frozen shrimp in a light buttery, garlicky scampi sauce takes center stage in these delicious shrimp tacos.
1 12 oz package frozen SeaPak Shrimp Scampi
2 cups cooked white rice, warm
Zest and juice from 2 limes
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
6 small flour tortillas
1 cup chopped green leaf lettuce
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
Prepared salsa and other taco toppings as desired
- Cook the shrimp scampi per package instructions and keep warm.
- Stir the cooked rice, lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro together in a medium mixing bowl.
- To serve, assemble tacos in this order: lettuce, rice, shrimp scampi, and cheese.
- Serve salsa and other toppings on the side.
Put a little more Tex into your TexMex meal with the tastes of zippy Buffalo sauce and blue cheese in these delightful shrimp tacos that feature crispy popcorn shrimp.
1 package frozen SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp
2 tablespoons salted butter
½ cup prepared Buffalo Sauce
¼ cup light ranch dressing
8 soft-taco size corn tortillas, warmed (grilled or fried if desired)
1 cup shredded red cabbage
½ cup chopped cilantro
½ cup shredded lettuce
½ cup diced red onion
¼ crumbled blue cheese
½ cup light sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake popcorn shrimp according to package instructions.
- While the shrimp cooks, heat butter, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing together in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine and then simmer until shrimp have finished cooking.
- When shrimp is done, toss shrimp into the saucepan with warm Buffalo butter sauce and use a spoon to fully coat shrimp with the sauce.
- To serve, assemble your tacos. Start with about seven shrimp on each tortilla and then top as desired. Finish with sour cream.
The secret to these fiesta shrimp tacos is the tasty sauce.
For the sauce, you’ll need the following:
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 package (1 oz) ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet (1 1/4 oz) taco seasoning
- Milk, as needed to thin
Mix ingredients together until you have a sauce that’s the consistency you’d like.
Bake the shrimp according to package instructions while preparing the sauce and getting your toppings ready.
Set up your taco bar with baked shrimp, prepared sauce, and all your favorite toppings, including avocado, salsa, shredded cheese, olives, pico de gallo, diced tomatoes, etc. Use whatever you like. Serve lime wedges on the side and enjoy.